AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra version 3.1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/10/2012 17:43 (#2279629 - in reply to #2279571)
Subject: Re: Integra version 3.1

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

The big jump where you lost your configurations happens when going from a pre V 3.0 to V 3.x.

So if you have an Integra @ V 2.6 and jump to any V 3.x you will lose the configurations etc.  Once the display is at a V 3.x then going to a new V3.x will be very minor.

V 3.0 was shipped so that the Versa could get to the customers.  An Integra could also be upgraded to V 3.0 to get the nasty part out of the way.  The V 3.0 versions did not support the ontrac completely.

An Integra customer could stay at an old version or go to V 3.0 if they didn't have concerns about steering. They can stay at V 3.0 if they don't have the steering concerns.

I updated an Integra yesterday and jumped from  a very early version to V 3.1 without any extra obstacles.  We did need to rebuild the configuration as is necessary any time a jump is made to a V 3.x

Yesterday I updated all our new Versas to V 3.1 as they were shipped with V 3.0.  Today I updated about half of our new Integras that were shipped at V 2.x.  Since these were not used yet there were not configurations to be concerned about.

Concerning the upgrade process.  I have found this method to work out the best.  I have the customer come to the store and sit beside me as I do the process.  I make a backup of his Integra and restore it to a store Integra that is at V 2.6.

We look at the store display and confirm that it appears identical to the customers unit.  I then start the upgrade process.  After it is complete we check the Grower/Farm/Fields which should still be in the unit.  I then start to build the configurations into the updated unit that still apply.  Rather than write the values down, I consult the store Integra for the various measurements etc.  I have not done one yet where the configurations had changed or were incorrect in some way.  This is a great time to review things with the customer.

If the customer has lots of configurations this may take a while but is probably worth the time to avoid telephone calls later.

The C1-C11 and other combine calibration (M1, S1 etc.) numbers do need to be written down to the customer can enter them manually when he gets back home.  Most of our customers planned on redoing the combine calibration from scratch anyway.

There may even be a V 3.2 before Spring.  If so and the customer is at at V 3.0 or V 3.1 that update will be painless.  I wouldn't wait for that to happen.  We sent emails to our customers to encourage them to come in and get this out of the way.

Edited by tedbear 3/10/2012 17:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)