AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody from around Windom and Sanborn Minnesota?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 3/5/2012 08:54 (#2268803 - in reply to #2268237)
Subject: Re: Anybody from around Windom and Sanborn Minnesota?

Windom, MN
I will try and explain this the best I can. I farm 1 mile from Bergen, so I know those roads pretty well.

If you are coming from Jackson, you can turn right on Co Rd 21. At the Intersection, the hwy has a bend to change from Northbound to go more Northwest. Then you will go through Bergen and continue straight north. At the T intersection, take a right and in roughly 3 miles you will need to take a left onto CO RD 1. This will take you to Mt. Lake, and you can continue through Mt. Lake north on 1 until you reach state HWY 30. There you can take a left and go west 7 miles until you get to CO RD 2. Take a right and continue north. I believe in brown county, it becomes CO RD 6, but it should keep going straight. I know for sure that CO RD 21 is only a 9 ton road if this is an issue. Also, CO RD 1 is pretty hilly 4 miles south of Mt. Lake.

The other option to get around the Windom bridge is to take a right on CO RD 26, which is about a mile and a half south of the low bridge. You will go by the MN DOT office and curve around to the left. In Windom it is a residential area, but it is a wide road. There is a stoplight at the main road through town, and you will want to take a right. This main road is HWY 60 and HWY 71. Watch the signs and follow 71, or take a left after you go by the Toro plant. If I was hauling this tractor, this would be the route I would take, but I really don't know if there are any weight restrictions on that road. It wouldn't add to the distance traveled at all.

Funny thing is up until last year, the low bridge wasn't marked. Someone pulled a large JD field cultivator under it and got stuck. Not much damage to the bridge, but the field cultivator was pretty messed up. Now I believe it is marked 13'6" or 14'6". I drive under it almost every day, but don't remember the exact measurement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)