AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why does Monsanto have such a negative public image compared to the other seed companies?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Haleiwa
Posted 1/3/2012 02:10 (#2140152)
Subject: Why does Monsanto have such a negative public image compared to the other seed companies?

West Chazy, New York

New years Eve party with a bunch of non ag people, and the conversation turned to water and crop use versus residential on Oahu (it's going to be a critical factor in the very near term future).  Since I do some work for the various seed companies, I was describing some of the irrigation infrastructure on the island.  When I mentioned the various growers as a way to describe the various ditch and well systems, one of the more "sophisticated" types shuddered visibly and made some rude remarks when I mentioned Monsanto, but never had a reaction to the names Syngenta, BASF, Dow, or Pioneer.  Truth to tell, they all work with the same germplasm and they all are doing about the same things with it.  The "sophisticated one" had a plan to solve the problem.  She wants everyone who lives in an apartment to plant a window box of vegetables, and there won't be any need for those nasty commercial growers anymore.

Edited by Haleiwa 1/3/2012 02:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)