AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

H bridges for controlling linear actuator from insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/15/2011 14:03 (#2051160 - in reply to #2050966)
Subject: Raven PWM Amplifiers now available

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This does not help in this situation but is along the line of driving heavier loads than controllers can handle.

We just received some production models of the Raven PWM High Current Amplifer. We had a Prototype earlier that I may have discussed. This product now has a part number.

I tested one of these this morning on the bench with my Ag Leader setup. I was able to use the Amplifier to run a 12V motor at variable speeds. In certain cases, the motor could be run directly off of some of the Ag Leader modules but often the current demands of the motor exceeds the capacity of the module.

Essentially this amplifier gets its power from a good heavy 12V source such as direct to the battery. The output from a controller or module is fed to a single wire which goes into the amplifier. The amplifer produces a PWM output that takes its cues from the controller but places the actual load on the direct source thus the load presented to the controller or module is minimual.

I was successful in running the motor with both an Ag Leader Liquid Module set in 12V PWM and also a Strip-til module. In the Liquid module, the Rate Off item needed to be set to CLOSE rather than HOLD so that the motor would stop when the Master was OFF.

I would assume that this should work with any controller producing a PWM output. I don't know what the limit of the current is when the amplifier is used but I have been told that it was tested with a 15 AMP load.

Edited by tedbear 11/15/2011 15:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)