AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Veris; worth the money?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hey
Posted 10/6/2011 20:07 (#1993240 - in reply to #1993152)
Subject: RE: Veris; worth the money?

From what I have seen first hand if you are going to via seed or nitrogen and base it off soil types then in my opinion it is well worth running it over your ground. If you really sit down and think about soil type maps when were they made? A long time ago. I personally have seen soil maps be off as much as 100 ft. And some soil changes never even show up on a soil map. If I am going to spend $200+ on seed corn and vra it, I sure want the maps I am using to be correct. On the soil sampling side I have seen companies want to sample using veris maps by only putting 1 sample ever 10-15 acres. To me the only reason they are doing that is to cut costs. I still believe 2-3 acres is the best but move the samples into zones based off the veris. Veris has been around for a few years now and when i compare yield maps to veris maps 9times out of 10 I see a pattern that matches. That's not to say that a high ec number always produces the best yields year after year but the zones that I have seen made by the veris regulary match yield maps.Just my 2 cents!! In my area having a veris ran over ground varies between $4-15 an acre. But being a 1 time pass except if you have river bottoms the roi is very high.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)