AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prime Meridian and Fertility Magangement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agr1333
Posted 10/8/2011 10:38 (#1995402 - in reply to #1992998)
Subject: Re: Prime Meridian and Fertility Magangement

Missouri
I have a customer that works with them on doing this. my suggestion would be to go ahead and grid sample the ground first to see what kind of variability you have and try to get the levels into shape then go to using the yield removal scheme. Like someone else said you don't know how a soil type or if you have a major deficiency in a nutrient in places that could be affecting your yield in the first place. Just using the yield removal makes a lot of sense but if your not pulling the optimum crop off because of a problem you could be costing yourself dollars in the end. I know its hard to justify extra expenses on rented ground but maybe you could talk to the owners and see if they would be willing to kick in on some of the cost if the ground is in bad shape to help build it back up. I have seen people do that before after they got samples back. Guess it depends on your situation. As far as dealing with the guys on the program they are good and are willing to help you out with any way that you want to try to approach what you are doing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)