AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Turkey Farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Howdyjabo
Posted 10/3/2011 10:13 (#1989143 - in reply to #1988549)
Subject: Re: Turkey Farms

NC
forrest - 10/2/2011 22:00
r. Make sure their contract covers the time period it takes to pay the barns off.

If you can get that in writing and notarized I MIGHT raise chickens again :) I doubt you will get it.
Also be aware that they can tell you to make upgrades that cost 1,000's and not give you a raise or extend the contract.
On our chicken houses they could have honored the contract till the original house payments were met- and I still would have had half again notes on "improvements" they made me make.
In fact I spent 23,000 making one improvement and then 8 months latter they decided they didn;t like it and I had to spend 12000 to put it back the way it was.
I had perfectly good drinkers that after four years they decided they didn't like them as they were not the same as everyone else had in the newer houses(yyes four years is a newer house) and they made me take them out and replace them (50 000). I saw no change in the chickens.
The list of add ons would take all day to type. but they were substantial.

Check with your local soil and water to make sure you know up front what you have to have to go along with the houses. IE-- composter, stackshed, buffer ect.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)