AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whick RTK---JD or Trimble?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

twraska
Posted 9/27/2011 09:02 (#1980645)
Subject: Whick RTK---JD or Trimble?

Wallis, TX
Going to put RTK on a 4760, possibly add it to 4640 later on. Both systems have signal towers next to each other about 8 miles away. Cost for subscription about the same as well. I may have to get a repeater due to tree lines but buddy is getting by OK in similar situations. I row crop and want repeatability for putting up beds in same place year to year to control traffic lanes and for planting. Currently renting a tractor with SF2 but I can't repeat the beds in same location year to year, they drift off into the 'hard middles' which hurts us bad in some years.

Possibly putting row cutouts on planter down the road. Spray control on planter would be nice but not mandatory.

I also want to map fields for surface drainage and leveling. Friend has a Trimble on his scraper that I could rent to do my leveling, so I am leaning that way. Just pull the card slip in his tractor and I'm ready to level. Would a JD system do the same?

Would I be better off getting my own base station? Dealers charging about $600 year but that is a maintenance package as well, gets a couple of service calls included and phone support.

I know, lots of questions but both friends are happy with their systems and I haven't run the new Trimble on a leveling operation or the new JD version.

Thanks
Tim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)