AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reflashing an EZ Guide Plus...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 9/27/2011 07:48 (#1980547)
Subject: Reflashing an EZ Guide Plus...?

South Georgia
An EZ Guide Plus that I recently bought from a fellow AgTalker has started flashing 'NO GPS COMMS' on the screen, and has stopped working. A quick AgTalk search tells me that my first course of action is to reflash the firmware. Okay... I'm downloding EZ Toolbox right now, along with the current firmware. I understand that the software comes with instructions, but I figured I'd ask here first for instructions. How do I hook the laptop to the Plus? It has an EZ Steer, and I recall that one of the unused EZ Steer cables mentions 'to PC' or some such. Not sure I have a connector on this laptop that it'll hook to, though.

I can call my dealer, but that might not be cool, since I bought it off the internet. He'd probably do it for me, but I figured I'd best give it a shot first.

I bought it because I wanted the EZ Steer, and had intended to upgrade the Plus to a 500, anyway. If I can't get it to work, I guess I'm out whatever I could have sold the Plus for, so it's not the end of the world.

Also, before I thought to search here, my first course of diagnosis was to borrow a Plus from a neighbor and swap the antenna and coax, with no results.

Thanks for any help,
Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)