AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with AutoPilot JD 8400 steering system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

catgps
Posted 9/26/2011 23:22 (#1980289)
Subject: Need help with AutoPilot JD 8400 steering system

I have an 8400 JD that we installed a Hydraulic Autopilot system 3 years ago. Everything had been working perfect until late last spring when we started receiving an AutoSense low voltage error. I have replaced the short cable going to the autosense sensor and also tried a new sensor. The cable seem to have taken care of that problem but in the mean time we noticed that the tractor began steering erratically and would not stay online.

I returned to the tractor to attempt to fix it and have not had any luck. I attempted to perform a deadzone calibration and I received a "steering valve has reached end stops" error. I then tried to perform a Slew test and when I push the turn right button the wheels turn hard to the left. When I push the Turn left button they also turn hard to the left. I then shut the system off and pressed on the ends of the steering valve and it seems to be working correctly when I push one way they turn left when I push the other way they turn right. I also reset the NAVII by changing the vehicle type to be Default vehicle and then reloaded the tractor config file. Everything that I have tried does not seem to be helping with the erratic steering issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am looking for ideas of what to try next. I am thinking I will replace NAV II and reload the config and see if it is something in the controller.

Thanks

Greg Deim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)