AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Command Center yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agr1333
Posted 9/19/2011 16:51 (#1969404 - in reply to #1969124)
Subject: Re: Command Center yield

Missouri
Did you go in to the yield calibration screen and do the actual calibration where you punch in the weight and then it changes the cal factor for you? You are probably getting it set close but what I am saying is that with a single point calibration its probably hard for the monitor to compensate for running slower and only taking 4 rows that are down. The way it calibrates it thinks that so much less force on the sensor equals so much less yield in a linear fashion. On other systems that use a multiple load calibration you can actually run a lower flow rate and it has a calibrated point at the low and higher flow rates so it sets a curve not a straight line. If you knew you were going to have to run all down corn for a while you could run a cal load like that and leave that cal factor in there til you get in standing corn and then recalibrate it. That would be the only thing I would know to suggest. One other thing that I have seen happen before with down corn is getting dirt in the clean grain elevator then it sticks to the flow sensor and screws up the reading. That could also be a possibility.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)