AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight to Rawson Box to Hydraulic Drive???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 9/17/2011 08:45 (#1966037 - in reply to #1965947)
Subject: RE: Insight to Rawson Box to Hydraulic Drive???

Flandreau, SD

The rawson needs to be set to GPS mode, the Application rate and the step rate need to be the SAME in the InSight and the Rawson.  ie. 350 lbs and 4%.

You will do the calibrationn through the rawson box, you will have an implement switch (jump switch)  that goes through the rawson box. The shaft speed is monitored in the Rawson box.

Pretty much everytihng is done in the Rawson box except setting the rate in the field. 

Have you used the rawson before and know how it works? 

Once you get it working, you change the rate with the InSight or use a prescription on the InSight.

I have two configurations for the InSight when doing fert with the Rawson I use.  One is set at 350 lbs and one is at 450 lbs.  when setting up the config, you want "serial control rawson" not the direct drive rawson.

I would start with the Rawson part and get it working, dont worry about the InSight.  I run the hyd pressure up to 2000 lbs in the field witout problems.  start the hyd, go into setup and find the calibrate page, make sure jump switch is on and hit the button, the motor should turn.   once you get the rawson calibrated and it works. move to the InSight and get it setup like I said above.  make a test field and put a rate in, the change the rate up and down and it should change the rate to the same numbers on the rawson box.  if it does that you are ready to go.

How is the rawson getting speed signal?  Mine is hooked to the tractor radar.  The ONLY thing the InSight does is rate, it don't tell the rawson how fast it is going or anything else.  When you change fert density, you change it in the rawson, the InSight dont care what the fert weights per cf.

Got all that?  GOOD!          LOL   :)

Edited by agboy 9/17/2011 08:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)