AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision Land Leveling help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TGP
Posted 9/10/2011 06:23 (#1955302)
Subject: Precision Land Leveling help

Hello to all - I am just getting enough nerve to join Ag Talk and get educated into farming. I have recently purchased some farmland (300+ acres ) in NW Mississippi. (rice / beans and maybe corn ) and am checking into to get the fields percision levelled. Would it be advantageous to do it myslef by purchasing a new or used tractor and scraper or should I get it done by a 3rd party. Also, can anyone adivse me regarding GPS vs Laser leveling. Which one would be better for doing the job. I am new to farming and need advice moving forward. I am looking to minimise cost to prepare the land for farming. Land was originally a rice / soybean farm buy was converted into fish ponds approx 15 years ago. Levees need to be knocked down etc. Plenty of dirt work . Will I also need a dozer or can a scraper do all the work. What size tractor and scraper would I need and how much time do you think it would take to level approx 100 acres per year. I am also thinking that maybe I could do some bartering with a farmer that might have the equipment to level the land for exchange for farming the land. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)