AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will an Insight/Integra control a Viper Pro? Calling Amc4Life!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Trapper
Posted 9/9/2011 20:14 (#1954784)
Subject: Will an Insight/Integra control a Viper Pro? Calling Amc4Life!

Both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line
Has anyone controlled a Viper Pro with an Insight/Integra and an App Rate module?I have no experience with the Greenseeker system, but after reading the Viper Pro Manual, its apparent that they connected through the Viper Pro's serial port.

Here's the scoop...We may be ordering a new machine...the old machine is a 1064 Rogator with a Raven 661. I added an Insight and OptRx system, and I controlled the 661 though an App Rate module. New machine might have a Viper Pro with autoswath etc...I want to move the Insight/OptRx/App Rate module to the new machine. Viper 3.4 manual on the website says that the Viper can be controlled through a serial port, but Raven Tech Support told me that the latest firmware (3.4.?.? I can't remember) doesn't allow for serial rate control. BTW the latest manual and firmware aren't posted on Raven's website.

Here's the info from the 3.4 manual:

"The Viper Pro is capable of receiving serial rate information from an external source to control product
application. One source of external serial rate information is the GreenSeeker® RT200 by NTech Industries,
Inc. The Viper can be set up to receive serial rate information from the GreenSeeker® RT200 on the Viper
auxiliary comm port. The rate information fed to the Viper is stored in the application report and can be
obtained by exporting the shapefile or bitmap using the file maintenance feature on the Viper Pro field
computer"

Any thoughts? TIA

Trapper

Edited by Trapper 9/9/2011 20:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)