AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 4600 with Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/23/2011 06:56 (#1925765 - in reply to #1925711)
Subject: RE: Raven 4600 with Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The various Raven consoles have similar but different communication protocols. This is why the 460 settings is not working for you. The 4600 has potential for 10 booms vs 7 for the 460 for one thing.

As you have observed there is no menu choice for a 4400/4600. I'm fairly certain we were successful in mating a 4400/4600 to an Ag Leader product by using the 750 choice on the Ag Leader side. This has been a while ago so I'm not positive but it would be worth a try.

The Ag Leader menu then lists Rate 1, Rate 2 etc as choices. They are really referring to Product 1, Product 2 etc. In most cases you would pick Rate 1 as you are most likely trying to log Product 1.

The 4400/4600 would need to be setup properly as well. Usually this involves four items for the 440/450/460. These are BAUD - 9600, Trigger Value - 1, Unit - Seconds and Data Logger ON. Since the 4400/4600 has the potential for doing their own logging, the settings must be such that the data is "going out" rather than trying to be saved internally.

Another important consideration is the proper cable between the Raven product and the Ag Leader module. This cable from Ag Leader comes in two types and the one for Raven would be necessary. The other cable is for other non-Raven products where serial communication is desirable.

A quick way to determine the success of the connection is to turn ON/OFF various sections on the rig and see if the Insight display changes its displayed width as you move the switches.

Edited by tedbear 8/23/2011 09:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)