AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What info does Microsoft provide to aid those new to computers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 8/9/2011 13:51 (#1904304 - in reply to #1904102)
Subject: RE: What info does Microsoft provide to aid those new to computers

bwire - Some apparently think they should be able just open a car door the first time without any training or guidance and have skilled abilities at the snap of their fingers.

Comparing using a computer with no prior knowledge to getting behind the wheel is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? I doubt that a computer newbie is going to cause any bodily injury to themself or anyone else. Are you now saying that you think computer users should be required to have a license to surf the net? ;)

bwire - Anyone attempting similar with computers will find great difficulty too...any computer

Tell this to my 5 yr old daughter. Just don't disturb her when she's playing a game on Grandpa's iPad!

bwire - So the claim (Eric) of no help provided is moot.

I have never made that claim. I know that there is ALL kinds of help out there. The problem is, newbies often don't - and it should not be an act of congress getting a new system up and running. All I have been claiming is that a Mac is much easier and doesn't cost anymore than a cheaper PC by the time the newbies learn the hard way and have to pay through their nose to get their system running in top form again. Trust me - when it comes to PC's, you are right - they should be seeking advice on how to optimize and protect their systems, but they don't. And it ends up being costly - to the point that the initial cost advantage of PC's over Macs is gone.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)