AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cost to move Harvestore
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Posted 8/2/2011 22:49 (#1892799 - in reply to #1892330)
Subject: Re: cost to move Harvestore

west central Iowa
dt4020 - 8/2/2011 19:18

You have had much luck, skill or grace of the good Lord to get by that cheap. Our harvestore is a 78, on it's third or fourth unloader, numerous additional work done on the chains...the floor has been replaced with epoxy. (got in on that job, oh joy.) The per head cost compared to where we background calves with a bag/feedwagon is staggering.

The structure will be a dry grain bin the not-too-distant future.

I didn't include the cost of the first unloader, it was included in the cost of the silo, but I included the cost of the current unloader which should be good for a long time yet. The second unloader cost $10000,about $7000 was spent on chains etc. in its lifetime, the epoxy floor was 2000, the bags were 2000 and the current unloader was 4000. I think that adds up to about 25000. Do the maintenance costs on the bagger, the bags, and the tractor and loader to empty cost a lot less than $1 per ton? The thing I like about the harvestore is that I can keep grinding cornstalk bales with corn syrup and making feed it would be pretty hard to do that with anything else.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)