AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mac OS X Lion released today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 7/24/2011 16:09 (#1877855 - in reply to #1877724)
Subject: Re: Mac OS X Lion released today

Western CO
Yep I've for the most part always run windowed apps since most of my early computer experience came from running Unix machines with big displays and high resolutions even 25 years ago so I got used to that and hated Windows with running most things full screen. I have a feeling I will still use windowed apps on the iMac and maybe a bit more full screen on the Macbook. Agree on the touchpad, I have had one for the iMac for a while and I have liked using it but I know Lion is going to make it much more useful there. I have all my trackpads (macbook and magic) set for the tap to click instead of actually clicking the pad (goes back to the old PC laptop days).

My 18 yr. old son refuses to upgrade because of the whole iOS thing - guess he's a throwback because I have a feeling most that age will jump for the iOS interface and move much more eagerly if the workstation/laptop OS goes there, which I agree I think this is the first level move in that direction. From a development standpoint I would think it would make a lot of sense to have one interface paradigm on all devices.

I run calendar in month view as well and it's one of my apps that I have start at login so that it will always notify me of meetings, etc. I noticed right away the functionality there - I've always thought you should have been able to scroll to a new month.

I'm sort of wondering if I can download Lion on my iMac without paying the $29.99 again as that's the way apps work in iOS - pay for them once per account and you can download them to other devices without being charged again. Bummer that you've seen your iMac run warmer with Lion - my iMac already runs warm and I have display problems because of it. I think it is related to having too much dust in it, I need to either tear it down farther and clean it out or take it in. Do you use a fan control app on your iMac? I've been using SmcFanControl on both my iMac and macbook so that I can turn the fan speed up some to cool them a bit more (mostly just on the iMac).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)