AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH 9280 vs Ford Versatile 976
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 7/14/2011 14:48 (#1862866 - in reply to #1862823)
Subject: Re: Case IH 9280 vs Ford Versatile 976

Embarrass WI

I'll take that bet. Don't know if Tim Horton's doughnuts would work to pay it off.....

I was really surprised when he told me that, too. I was prepared for it being overpriced and not in stock, but not "We don't have any and won't be getting any." He did a search at other dealers, nobody had one on the shelf. I don't think it was the parts guy or store, normally they are pretty good-don't stock everything, but do their job and get it quickly and correctly. He had a part number, but that was a dead end-not available and not updated.

For grins, go to your dealer and see if they have the hyd pump-there are 3, IIRC. This one was on the front of the drop box, I can't remember if it was the upper or lower one-I think upper. Maybe Case has them now...I would be interested in knowing.

It was unsettling-for about a 1/2 a day I thought I had a tractor that I was never going to be able to use without serious engineering modifications. Big Tractor Parts didn't have one right a way either, he had to call back after doing some searching, then it was drop shipped from somewhere else. Worked out in the end.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)