AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disappointed in the John Deere 2630
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 6/10/2011 17:53 (#1812891 - in reply to #1812884)
Subject: Re: Disappointed in the John Deere 2630

NE SD

I would guess only about .5% of the buysers of the 2630 will run into those issues and the other 99.5% will get along with them fine. That's probably why they didn't get it taken care of right away.

I would guess there has to be an easier way to keep the profiles organized. Perhaps by county. It's likely you'll spend most of the day spraying in one county is it not? I've only seen the unloads take 3-4 minutes I guess.

I'm pretty happy with the 2630. It isn't sluggish like the 2600 was getting. Don't have to activate the autotrack every time you switch AB lines, etc. I have a couple complaints about the 2630:
1. I am running a different version of software than most people because for some reason it didn't always power up when the tractor was started and it seems that now if the tractor sits for several days wihtout unplugging it the battery gets run down.
2. It needs to be a 13-15" display and allow us to run up to 4 of the different half screens we have now or any combination of  2 half screens, 4 quarter screens, etc.
3. Why are the colored/background maps so limited on what screens they are available on? Why are they not available on the larger guidance maps? I like to see it just to ensure the planter is changing rate when it should.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)