AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FMX boundary workflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joesixpack
Posted 6/9/2011 11:39 (#1811089)
Subject: Trimble FMX boundary workflow

Now we've been on RTK for a couple of years we're looking to get boundary's down and I think there are a couple of ways to do it. Interested in how others have been doing it.

On the new land we worked this year, I took the quad out with another FMX on it, and first scouted the lines, found one good survey marker so got 100% on one line, the north south was really pooched but with the other sides already seeded worked with what was there.

So in Idea I want guidance as soon as I pull into the field with the drill. (Outside round guidance-inner boundary for sectional-inner AB)

From that point I opened a field on the quad, then selected Headland. This was my first crack so I used the same implement as my air drill only shifted it all the way left so the quad was on the very right hand edge.

Then began the round, making a point at the beginning of a straight edge, then turning record OFF through the straight then back on through the corners, so as to have perfectly straight lines.

AT the same time selected my A-B on the edge I wanted to work from.

Closed the field, when the drill showed up, transfered the file, and BINGO all the guidance was there right from unfolding the drill.

However when you make the round and you are on the very right edge of something 60-70 feet wide you make a funny corner....so next crack I was going to just use as wide as the quad.....so the right side wheels are the line.

What I realized after, is I don't need to use an implement that wide, as when you open the field your headland changes to match the implement, BUT the number of outside rounds is fixed I think......maybe you can edit that in swaths.....didn't check.

So functionally that worked very well.

Went into the field, started my rows, with sectional turning of product at my inner boundary, once I worked across did the outside rounds at the end with perfect straight edges.

SO.....before I go out and log every boundary like this is that the workflow everyone else is using OR would appreciate a description of how it is supposed to be done......the manual is kinda thin in this area. I see you can log boundary with one of the buttons....but I don't think this will get me what I want.

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)