AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tedbear or others , 750 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/6/2011 22:43 (#1808088 - in reply to #1807784)
Subject: RE: Tedbear or others , 750 question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Not sure about that. My partner has been sidedressing NH3 on our corn with a modified row crop cultivator. This is the first year we have done this. Normally we would apply NH3 with a regular applicator either in the Fall on the soybean ground or in the Spring on the Corn on Corn ground.

This year since our Spring was so late, we decided to plant and worry about the "N" later. This corn was planted with the same tractor using a 332 with Omistar XP with an Insight working with a Nav II for the steering.

I asked my partner if he had tried using the Autopilot or just steered himself. His answer was that using the Autopilot did work in a sense but he had to do a lot of nudging. He decided that it was actually easier just to steer himself.

I suppose the purist who would have nothing but RTK would argue that this would be unnecessary with RTK which might be true. Given the various problems with RTK my plan is to stick to using XP and to live with it's shortcomings.

I don't have any information on your idea of changing the behavior of the 750 in the context that you describe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)