AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 monitor or flow meter problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 6/6/2011 11:04 (#1807426)
Subject: Raven 460 monitor or flow meter problem

SWOH
Ok, I'll try to explain what's happening and if I don't put enough information in let me know. I have a 1200 gallon tank on a Nitro 200 HT. I fill the tank up to the 1200 gallon mark on the sight tube and this is pretty accurate because I've always done this and end up spraying within a few gallons of 1200. The last couple of loads I've done the monitor is saying I'm using around 1280 gallons. I'm putting on 15 gpa so I should be doing 80 acres on a tank and the monitor is saying I'm doing around 85 acres now. So if I'm doing 85 acres with 1280 gallons it still comes out to 15 gpa. This happened all of a sudden from one load to another. I have the monitor on auto and the pressure on the gauge is slightly lower (1 or 2 psi) than it has been when everything was normal. I haven't changed anything in the monitor as far as the speed, meter, valve, or boom calibration numbers. I switched out the monitor with one from a different sprayer and still had the same problem. I've been spraying Corvus/atrazine or Dual II Magnum/ simazine with it. This happened while spraying Corvus/atrazine. 90 foot booms, one main filter at the pump and one filter on each boom section. No nozzle screens. Turbo Tee Induction gray tips on 30's. I'm going to clean the filters out today but if that's not it, what most likely would be the problem? Would this happen if the flow meter is gummed up? Is the control valve messed up? I don't think it has anything to do with the radar because my speed matches the speed on my AgLeader 500 and that's from a different source (GPS). No nozzles are plugged. The other thing that has me puzzled is that if I only have one (out of 5) boom section on, the monitor won't show a rate in auto or manual. The pressure will go way up on the gauge automatically with only one section on. But if I look at the area/hour it shows that the monitor is still reading that there's a section on. It's not acting like it would normally if I had a filter plugged. Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)