AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big problem-i think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pipesathome
Posted 6/6/2011 08:24 (#1807313 - in reply to #1807193)
Subject: Re: Big problem-i think

Black Stump
I think that you are going to have fun with this one!! This is the reason why you will find with Permanent Survey Marks used by professional surveyors that they will have another one not too far away so that they can use to resurveyed in the orginal. The base station ONLY has to be back in the exact same position if you are not changing the latitude and longitude it has programmed into it. For some systems (e.g. Leica Mojo) If you move the base more than a certain distance away from the previous point it will put in a new base location with new lats and longs. This said if you have significantly different weather conditions etc from when you surveyed in your original base location it is likely that you will have some drift in your AB lines.

Another idea would be a bit of trial and error relocation. If you have a wheel tracks that you can park your tractor on do so and move the base station around until you are on your AB. You may need to play with calibrating it at both ends of the line as it is possible to get the tractor reading on an AB at a particular point with different base locations.

In the end I recommend giving whoever removed your base station post a good flogging and possibly putting in something a bit more permanent!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)