AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Flowmeter and AL Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

crazycactus
Posted 6/2/2011 21:24 (#1803462)
Subject: Raven Flowmeter and AL Insight

Central Iowa

I thought I had it all figured out... 

We purchased a sidedresser with a ground drive pump this year and installed a Raven flowmeter inline after the pump, Raven adapter harness to an Ag Leader Insight.  With water in it, it all worked fine.  We filled it with Liquid N this afternoon and headed to the field.  Made it about half way around the field and had one hose come loose, no big deal, just put it back on and tighten it a little more.  Went a little further and the hose on the outlet side of the pump came off.  Put hose back on, but the flowmeter for some reason would not read.  

Unplugged everything and plugged it back together, had a terminator in the CAN a little loose in the cab.  tried it again and it worked!  Then it quit.  I have power at the flowmeter, I think -5V, not sure if that is what it should be.  Both of the modules(Liquid control and Aux Input) have communication with the Insight.  Both have high power. 

Tomorrow I will head to town and get a hyd pump, servo and ball valve.  Really don't lilke how the ground drive shakes the hose, and several other things.   I am thinking of having them check out the flowmeter while I am there. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)