AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Curious AgLeader Insight problem....?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 5/29/2011 10:58 (#1797376)
Subject: Curious AgLeader Insight problem....?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I have an AgLeader Insight with Trimble Autopilot in my Case/IH 3320 sprayer. Two days ago,while getting ready to do some spraying, I inputted my correct field, and herbicide mix, rate, etc. Started spraying around this field that stretches an entire mile. Everything worked properly on my first pass going south. When I got to the end of the row going south, I turned around to head east. Sprayer still operated, but lost mapping capability. Rate would stay as needed, auto pilot worked, but just no mapping. Called the dealer/tech that installed the system, he placed a call to Agleader, they had me go in and delete boundaries on this particular field. That seemed to work, as I had no problem after that. Funny thing is, I had never sprayed this field before, so no old boundaries existed. I had this same problem when I initially demoed a Case/IH sprayer earlier this spring. Found out that problem was because I entered the field info prior to leaving my yard and driving the 3 miles or so to destination field. Was told that was a no-no, only input field info, when setting in field.

Now, fast forward to yesterday. I sprayed a 75 acre field with no problem. Then I moved to a smaller 16 acre field. This was another field I had never sprayed before. I made opening pass around field, spraying and mapping worked. Then I started my initial A/B line, and mapping would quit halfway through the field. I remembered what I did earlier in the week to correct the problem, so I went in and deleted boundaries(although no old ones existed). This time, that action did not help. I thought maybe, I would just enter a whole new field and see what happened, but that didnt correct the problem either. I kept moving back and forth on different screens on the Insight, then it locked up on me. Wouldnt let me"enter" "cancel" or "exit". So I shut machine off and unplugged Insight. Got the screen to come back on, but mapping never did return on one half of field.

Any ideas?
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)