AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS What do you think?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Schorsch
Posted 5/29/2011 16:37 (#1797845 - in reply to #1797506)
Subject: Re: GPS What do you think?

Bavaria/Germany
It´s a very interesting dicussion!!

Till ca. 2 years has ago , Trimble has been everybodys OEM "Darling"!! No qestion, Trimble Products are still on the TOP!
There is now nearly every münth a anoucement, that Reimble has bouth a GPS Company. And in the Ag DIvision, they have now selcted some key companies (N-tech, Rawson, Omni Star etc.) So the situation is now, that Trimble is not anymore OEMs Darling, because they have movend as fulliner to nearly everones competitor.
Time will show, how it will go this for the future....??
I don´t know, how many competitors which do build Receivers (Novatel,Hemisphere etc.) are so happy tho send customers addresses to Trimble for a Omnistar DGPS signal???

As Trimble is now a AG Controller fulliner, how many will be happy with this in future?

Although Trimble is still going his own way, and is still not ISOBUS compatible. Or, as I see, they try everything to kick out ISOBUS??? Sure Trimble does have full ISOBUS knowledge, because they have to do this as OEM for CNH. Teh contract with CNH has ben jsut extendet. So no way for Trimble to step out of AG!!

In my view, there is at the moment, under leading and activitiers a cleanout of the AG GPS Market. Very soon, Farmers wil have three choices for Ag electonic.

The Surviving Companies will be John Deere, Trimble and Topcon.

All other Companies, even probably mine, will be bought out form one of the three big ones! Their Company manager running day and night around in the world., and drying to buy one after on other. They do not need anymore the technics or softwares, they just try to buy the business.

And they do make offers, where it is already difficult to say no...............
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)