AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATU in older Deeres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

highline
Posted 5/19/2011 03:38 (#1781351 - in reply to #1781072)
Subject: Re: ATU in older Deeres

You can expect the accuracy of the ATU to be as good as the integrated kits on comparable machines (2wd vs 2wd) As nate stated above, the 2wd and possibly heavy draft of cultivator may have the ATU working all the time, but lock the differential in and it will greatly help. I say the ATU will work as well, but not so when trying to acquire the line. It will be critical that you understand this and actually get into the row, with the display showing no error or less than a couple of inches before resuming autotrac. You can understand what your crop would look like if your ATU was to start oscillating and hunting back and forth across the guidance line.

We plant with ATU on 2wd 8200, carry some suitcase weights and lock differential. I really can't complain about performance, ATU in combine in the fall seems to be spot on - on flat soil. I can sure tell there is a lot of planter drift on the sidehills. Speaking of which - if you didn't use implement guidance of any sort and have a drawn planter, you will want to pay attention on any rolling slopes you may have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)