AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troubles with interga and tru count clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 5/14/2011 17:59 (#1774559 - in reply to #1774449)
Subject: Re: Troubles with interga and tru count clutches

North Central Iowa
I had very little gap show on the coverage map. 20" is less than a row width off. Last year the software gave you the option of shutting off at the row, 15" from the row, or 30" from the row. I picked 15" but in reality it varied from 20"-40". It was consistent in that the in's were all the same and the out's were the same, just a different shutoff/start distance from the 15" that I picked for it to do. I dug a lot of corn last spring and decided it was close enough. This year with the hydraulic drive I could make the meters run with the planter just skimming the ground so you could get a very good idea as to where it was starting and stopping without having to dig. I first made a pass in the middle of a field using old seed that hopefully I can cultivate out, then I crossed it with the planter dropping seed on top of the ground on both sides of the initial pass. I had to set the in's and out's to different calibration numbers, but from what I've got emerged so far it appears that they're pretty close to the 20" gap I was shooting for. I was just curious if the auto cal worked like it was supposed to. Sounds like it did for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)