AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is john deere rtk vastly superior to trimble/case ih?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/12/2011 14:12 (#1771149 - in reply to #1771077)
Subject: Re: Is john deere rtk vastly superior to trimble/case ih?

Leesburg, Ohio
I have Deere RTK and our own tower. I have never seen the RTK-X run more than a couple minutes...it will then drop out entirely if it can't pick up a good signal. It does, however, recover very quickly from a lost signal, usually just a few seconds to come back on once we are in the clear. Apparently our system tends to lose the main GPS satellite signals under trees more than it loses the RTK radio signal, otherwise maybe the RTK-X would run longer than it does?

I usually don't have issues with lost signal except for the first pass around fields with trees at the edge (which we have many). That's the only reason I still have markers on the planter, so I can find my second pass where it drops out on the first pass along the trees. We have one farm about 9 miles and over a large ridge from our tower, and we use a mobile repeater there.

I have not used a trimble RTK system, so can't make a comparison directly.

I have used several different brands of systems on WAAS, and I can say that the Deere SF1 signal has been greatly superior to any other basic system I have tried, including Trimble/Agleader, in terms of accuracy and repeatability.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)