AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AL row shutoffs + insight, quit working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/7/2011 22:57 (#1765102 - in reply to #1764776)
Subject: Re: AL row shutoffs + insight, quit working

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My first thought is that if you have a boundary and the system feels your are outside of it then the sections will go off. I always disable autoswath on the outer edges of the field and run the system myself. With a planter this is easy as you can control the planting by raising or lowering the planter as you have always done. I wait until I'm comfortably inside the field before I let enable autoswath.

I had a situation personally that I never did figure out. On one field for which I had a good boundary my sprayer would shutoff three passes earlier than it should on one end.

I sprayed the ends and they were painted as expected. When I made my first pass starting from the North end, the booms came on as expected but when I got to the South end they turned off too soon. This happened on every pass - the North end was fine but the system reacted as if there had been three extra passes sprayed on the South end. I had to uncheck autoswath for the South end to get it to spray within that region. This was with spraying only.

The next year I had forgotten about the problem in that field and witnessed it again. My solution was to create a new field for second pass Rup. I didn't have any problem then. It was as if the boundary on the South was too far North although it looked fine. I should have tried just deleting the boundary as this may have been the problem. Even though the boundary looked proper it behaved incorrectly. By the way, this was under a high voltage power line that runs above the South end. If this caused interference, I would think the map would show it..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)