AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

auto steer, planting with an Integra and Paradyme problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jlcprec
Posted 5/6/2011 23:20 (#1763993)
Subject: auto steer, planting with an Integra and Paradyme problems

Bellevue, Iowa
I'm having issues with pass to pass spacing while planting. First of all, the spacing on the right side is good, but when the left side is against the previously pass, it's too far away. Changing the offsets just seems to move the problem from one side to the other. I can use the Nudge feature, but that isn't very dependable with Smart Path. The nudge will change based on something (I think maybe the slope?), even changing so much as to move the nudge to the opposite side that I chosen. The other issue is using Smart Path. When using it, the guidance is good to start, but the more passes I make, the worse it gets. Also, it's not consistent like an A B line. I can reset the guidance, but without markers down, that's not very practical. Even if I do use the markers, there may be other areas of the field already started that I won't have any guidance on when I get back to that area. Another problem for me with Smart Path is that every little wiggle the tractor makes gets amplified with each additional pass. It seems to me, the way to fix that is to drop a marker and choose to reset the line (see above issue). I'm planting in challenging terrain for auto steer, and it is really appreciated, but I don't think I'm getting what the system is capable of.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)