AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What the heck is going on with verizon?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 4/25/2011 18:19 (#1744268 - in reply to #1744158)
Subject: Re: What the heck is going on with verizon?

They may be tweaking something right now. My brother had an opportunity to talk with a VZ field technician at a local restaurant about a year ago. It just so happened, we were having a spell much like you are experiencing. Turns out, VZ had turned down the power on a couple of local towers to allow US Cellular to bring a new tower online. These companies apparently work together to help one another out - as it should be. Anyhow, once USC got their tower "tweaked", they were then going to crank the power back up on the VZ towers and balance them all out. Our issues only lasted a few days and things were back to normal again.

Anyhow, this guy also told my brother that if he ever noticed areas with weak signals, there was a code he could send through his phone to VZ (Sorry, I can't remember what it was right off hand). He said that if the company got a certain number of reports in a certain area, they will send a tech out to check the signal strength and adjust the tower output if necessary. Apparently, most towers are capable of putting out much stronger signals than they are set at - and the companies try to balance between keeping areas covered, conserving power ($$), and overwhelming other's towers. Of course, if a person is paranoid about Big Brother tracking his phone and shut the GPS off, it would do no good to send the code since they would have no idea where you sent it from. ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)