AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deja Vu
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Posted 4/19/2011 09:43 (#1732402)
Subject: Deja Vu

Walked in to our local Verizon Wireless Store yesterday just to see what kind of program they are offering on the iPhone. I've been running a jail-broken iPhone since December on my local cell provider, but they only offer Edge for a data package.

When I told the gal that I didn't see any iPhones on display, she says, "We don't have those yet," then as she leaned across the counter to me, she whispered, "You don't want one of those." Upon asking her why, she launched into the same type of fallacious diatribe I was already used to getting about Macs back in the 80's & 90's. I asked her if she'd ever had one to which she replied, "No". I took mine out and as I held it up to her, said, "This thing has provided me with the most wonderful cell-phone user experience I have ever had. Perhaps you'll get to try one some day".

I thought we were past all that garbage. FarmerKev picked up a Motorola Droid and it seems to be a pretty decent phone. Does the same job for him that my iPhone does for me. But why would a Verizon sales gal bad-mouth a phone she's never used ? The Droid I watched her sell to a mother's young daughter in line in front of me just cost $600 bucks. My nephew's Droid was $700. Don't know what their price tag is for the iPhone, but I'll bet it's less than that !

This vent of mine is NOT a Droid/iPhone thing, but I don't understand the hostility of sales people towards Apple. I'll assume the commissions are better on the high-end Droids ???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)