AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Droid purgatory-syncing to Outlook
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dkastens
Posted 4/17/2011 12:10 (#1728904 - in reply to #1728656)
Subject: RE: Droid purgatory-syncing to Outlook

Rawlins County Kansas
I had to upload my contacts to my google gmail account (CSV import) once and then use Sync2 from 4 Team Corporation to sync my Outlook 2010 contacts/calendar (on Win7 64). Once the contacts are uploaded then everything is pretty seamless (I don't have to plug my phone into laptop for syncing as everything is done through gmail account). The Sync2 program (runs in the background on Win7 machine) and seamlessly keeps my Outlook calendar and contacts in perfect sync with my gmail account and then the gmail account keeps my Droid in perfect sync. So I can change my contacts/calendar anywhere (Outlook, gmail web interface or on Droid) and it's always sync'd with everything else. Kind of a pain to initially set up, hut once done, things work very smoothly. I should note that my mail is not synced between all the devices (I don't want that much mail on my phone) and I have three POP accounts but am using the gmail account as an IMAP.

Personally, I wasn't happy about this (I had come from a BB world), but now that I've been running this way for a year it's the only way to go as I don't have to tether to the laptop to keep things up to date.

Adios,

Diet
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)