AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for JD Joe and other mac users
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 3/18/2011 08:12 (#1676463 - in reply to #1676245)
Subject: Re: question for JD Joe and other mac users

Frytown, Iowa
all around biggest plus for me is that we have had ours for 2 yrs now and no viruses and it really hasnt slowed down much at all (startup time, loading times, internet). i think it remains faster because you dont have to run all those anti-virus programs and all the other program/updates that the windows user has to. my sister and her husband bought a windows laptop less than 2 yrs ago and already had to get it fixed for a virus, same with my parents usually have to call a computer guy every year or 2xs a year because of viruses.... and that is usually after putting up with the slowdown for a couple months.

all around simplicity. a computer that works when you need it all the time. its not hard to get used. i will say that if you are going to use it for business off line (for keeping records) that there is some headache with learning a new program as your old one probably wont work. but you could get a windows parallel (windows for mac) and that will run all your old programs just fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)