AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Management Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 2/26/2011 11:22 (#1637247 - in reply to #1636601)
Subject: RE: Ag Management Software

Texas

I must admit that I'm back on the "bank wagon" with FarmWorks.  I was disappointed to hear Mike went a different direction recently.  I hope he reconsiders some day.

I first started with FarmWorks in 1993 and used it exclusively for many, many years.  It had a few little issues that I made too much of and in 2002 I switched over to Quickbooks.  You can search my posts from a little over a year ago and learn a lot about my experiences, good and bad.

A year ago last December I upgraded FarmWorks and went back to it.  Boy, am I glad I did.  It has improved dramatically in the last few years and I'm thrilled with my choice to return.  I have been filling in the missing years as I have the time to work at it and only wish I had stayed with it all along. 

Just finished filing my taxes on Thursday and FW was a huge help getting that done.  I had made some land sales and machinery trades this past year that normally would have been trouble at tax time.  Not anymore.  Smooth and seamless.  Thanks FW.  

I hope you will give it a try, and then try a little longer.  Admittedly, I have a long history with the program and know it quite well, and that has helped me tremendously, but it is not that hard to learn and FW has great support when you need it.  The annual updates and support are nominal in price and the benefits are so very great (don't, I repeat, don't tell them I said that).  You will benefit more than you can imagine if you will marry (commit) yourself to the use of the software. 

Having the powerful ability to maintain a set of cash books for the tax man and an extensive accrual set of records for financial management is really underestimated.  And you do it simultaneously as you enter your spending and receipts.  Basically all you need to do is "write checks" with the program and "make deposits".  The important part is taking time to set up your farm properly from the beginning.

One year I was preparing records for my banker with FW and he demanded to know what software would do that.  That was a proud moment.  I think he actually asked something like, "how did you manage to keep records like that".  I didn't know someone else could find appreciation for what I had started to take for granted.  I remember thinking that he had no idea how easy it was to produce the reports I had generated for his review.  The fact he was also a high school classmate of mine just made it all the more satisfying.

Give it a try and then I will email FarmWorks and see if I can get a commission for all this great promo!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)