AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone apps revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 2/23/2011 22:03 (#1632152 - in reply to #1631890)
Subject: Re: iPhone apps revisited

Hmmm, there are some apps on your list that I'm gonna try out. Thanks for posting them.

Find my iPhone - Yes, it works really slick, doesn't it? Only problem is, if you lose your phone the app ain't much good. I have a MobileMe account and can use the feature on any web connected computer - and it is now available to anyone, even if you don't have a MM account.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/find-my-iphone.html

Having the app on the iPhone is nice for tracking someone else down if they allow you to though.

A tip regarding Find My iPhone - if someone steals your phone and knows what they are doing, they can disable location services so you can't track the device. One way to prevent this is by going into Settings->General->Restrictions. There you can turn on or off a lot of different things on your phone. Scroll down to Allow Changes->Location and turn that slider off. You will be asked to enter a 4 digit passcode (write it down somewhere!) to get back into it. This will prevent anyone from turning off the Find My iPhone location service. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)