AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Picture folder takes forever to open
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 2/17/2011 09:00 (#1618862)
Subject: Picture folder takes forever to open

East central Iowa

Lady brought me her computer and thought there was a virus on it.  It was her husbands and when he died there were many pictures on his computer so she didn't want to lose them.  She clicks on Start, My Pictures and nothing.  I've got it to open but no pictures for a very long time.

However,

If I go through My Computer and  go down the tree to the My Pictures folder it opens right up.  I've checked the link on the My Pictures from the start button and it is correct.

I've run Malwarebytes, AVG, SuperAntiSpyware, CCleaner and maybe some other stuff I've forgotten. ( it's been here a little while, I'm doing taxes).

Nothing significant shows up.  I did a registry clean with eusing registry cleaner and it found a number of links that don't exist. 

I don't believe she will use the computer much except to get those pictures.  Unfortunately everything else seems to work fine.  I had no problem downloading FireFox and using it or any of the other programs.  It goes on the Internet just fine.

Any thoughts or experience with such an odd problem?

The computer is running Windows XP SP2, it has 512MB of memory, it's an HP with a 2.7GH processor.  I have an old Dell with a 900mhz processor and 512MB of memory and it has no problem opening the same folder and it too has SP2. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)