AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reinstalling I-Tunes after OS reinstall?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 2/6/2011 11:46 (#1596528)
Subject: Reinstalling I-Tunes after OS reinstall?

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas
Hello,

My new HDD should be showing up tomorrow and I'm going to reinstall Vista soon after. My wife has an I-Pod with I-tunes and lots of I-songs on the computer. I am not I-Savvy and need to know how to transfer her I-stuff the the new drive.

Since I'm not wiping the old HDD yet, the data will be there for a while but I have googled it and it doesn't seem hard Does the following sound about right?

Nothing is as comforting as knowing your precious music files are safely preserved on your computer. If your computer crashes and your files are lost, however, it can spell disaster. Back up the music files within your iTunes application on a second computer to further protect your investment. Properly transfer the files and enjoy the peace of mind knowing your music is properly secured.

.Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions.Things You'll Need:
iPod
USB cable

1 Connect your iPod to your computer with its provided USB cable.

2 Click the iPod icon on the left side menu of the iTunes application under "Devices" and click the "Sync" option. Allow the iTunes library to sync to the iPod.

3 Press the eject icon next to the icon of your iPod when the sync is complete and remove the USB cable from the port on your computer.

4 Leave the cable attached to the iPod and attach the other end of the cable to the second computer.

5 Press "Cancel" if iTunes asks to sync your music library.

6 Click the "Start" menu on the second computer and open "My Computer." Open "iPod," "iPod Control" and then "MUSIC."

7 Click the "Edit" menu at the top of the "MUSIC" folder and click "Select All."

8 Open a folder on the computer where you want to save the music tracks.

9 Drag and drop the selected music files into the chosen folder. The tracks will be copied from your iPod's hard drive onto your computer's hard drive.

Read more: How to Transfer iTunes Music From One Computer to Another Folder | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6744956_transfer-one-computer-another-folde...

good luck -jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)