AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morton shops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deereman
Posted 2/6/2011 10:18 (#1596388 - in reply to #1596261)
Subject: RE: Morton shops

NE SD
When pricing and comparing from lumberyard sheds be sure you include all the features and things the morton will have like 26 guages steel, kynar paint, insulation, vented soffit with 2' overhang all around and the snowload ratings are the same. The local lumberyard can get all the same features as the morton and IF put up by a qualified crew and that is a big IF it will still be much cheaper than a morton and will look just as good many yrs down the road.
Then the morton guy can and will give you all the hype about there warranty. Then ask him if you can take insurance off the building if there warranty is so good. He will tell you that you need insurance for fire and theft and wind also which morton warranty does not cover at least for the wind after a 5 yrs.
I just went through this 1 yr ago and believe me I like morton shops and they look great, but I did my homework and ended up not going with a morton. I am very happy and saved about 20k and got all the same features as morton and a few more such as better insulation. But it does not have the big "M" on the end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)