AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

do you use your Ipad as much as you thought?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dbltfarmer
Posted 2/6/2011 11:46 (#1596529 - in reply to #1595804)
Subject: Re: do you use your Ipad as much as you thought?

Texas
MTfarm,

I think it has to do a lot more with what you want to do with it. If you are constantly going to spreadsheets and other software that is more complex that a touch pad won't handle then you probably won't like it. If you are in need of something to keep notes, organize, look up something on the net then you may like the tablets.

I have a droid phone and it is great. It is just too hard for me to type on while I am on the tractor and too hard to read. My eyes aint what they used to be. The tablets instant on is easy to do things such as jot a note of which cow had a calf or a quick note to myself that something needs to be done. I use the IPAD to make everything for me a little easier. Generally the Apps are simple and easy to use and you can find ones that fit what you need. I have one that is called contacts journal. I use it for employees and make notes about them. It gives me a trail to look at if they are late all the time or miss work. I use to carry a notebook and write it down but now I can type it into the Ipad or even speak into the Ipad.

I don't like to type on the Ipad. I don't like Ipads system but it works fine for small notes. If I am going to write a letter or email to a landlord then I will send it on my PC.

I hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)