AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone use an online file cabinent?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 1/20/2011 19:40 (#1561761 - in reply to #1560473)
Subject: RE: Does anyone use an online file cabinent?

Can't speak to the security issue in technical terms but we use Dropbox for our QB files as well as current excel and word docs that I use frequently. We use it to keep files current across 3 computers that might be using them and the fact that the files are also stored in the clouds gives me an extra level of back up over and above the hard drive back up here at the house.

Very simple to use, very fast. Teresa was in a QB file today, quit, got up out of her chair and before she was out of the office my screen flashed a box in the corner indicating the file on my computer was updated already.

Dropbox also has a Droid and an Iphone app, don't know about BB, I have used the first two and they worked very good. I needed to open an excel file while I was away to get some info and it was very simple.

Under 2 gig is free for registering so the price can't be beat.

Also using SugarSync and Zumo Drive, both have their advantages, along with 2 or 5 gig for free. They both have more bells and whistles but it also makes them a little more complicated. Dropbox in my opinion is the down to business, get it done with out a lot of flashy stuff compared to the other two. That's not to say you could use all three and end up with 9 gig of off site storage for free before you ever had to start paying.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)