AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FarmWorks apps and the iPad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 1/2/2011 23:37 (#1523104 - in reply to #1523070)
Subject: RE: FarmWorks apps and the iPad

Texas

I'm voting with you!

I love the ipad and have also wondered if someday.........

I think I could get so much more from Farmworks if there was a way to get it to the field in a workable fashion.  When I get home I'm sooo tired that I usually wait for a "rainy day" to catch up on the records.  That's when I find my memory ain't so good any more! 

I have the Trimble Juno and the mate software but it is very limited and rather slow.  I would like to have it all at my fingertips and have it there FAST.  When I'm filling my big fuel tank or waiting in line at the .... you name it, I would tap away and keep it all current each day.  I have the time if I had the technology that would allow me to work on it through out the day.  I won't admit this, but when I'm in the tractor and just waiting for the end of the row to get there, I really could be updating my farm records.  I carry my receipts home each night and add them to the pile to be ready when I can find the time to enter them.

The ipad is the perfect hardware for that situation, and Farmworks is a great program and fun to use.  I'm drooling just thinking about how wonderful that would be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)