AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 must-have Android apps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 1/1/2011 13:01 (#1519347 - in reply to #1518852)
Subject: Re: 10 must-have Android apps

A couple of comments on some of those apps, based on my experience....

I tried Dolphin, but ended up going back to the stock browser that I have found to be capable enough for my needs. Dolphin was fine for awhile, but an update caused all my gestures to quit working and I never could make it work right again. Maybe this has been corrected, but this is a good example of why I dislike the Android way of doing things. Apple would have made sure it worked as advertised or else it wouldn't have been allowed in their store. Just my opinion...

ChompSMS - never tried it, but I have been using Handsent, which I have been extremely pleased with. Handcent is one of the few apps I have tried that consistently works very well.

Advanced Task Killer - task killers were rather popular prior to the 2.2 Froyo update. I have read that task killers actually cause more problems than they cure in 2.2 which has a task manager built into it. Once you start running out of resources, 2.2 will shut down the least used apps automatically to free up resources. You might wish to do some research on this one before downloading it.

Barcode Scanner - Another good app. I don't use it a lot, but when I have, it worked well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)