AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wilson SignalBoost DT used with a AT&T AirCard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 12/26/2010 10:28 (#1507266)
Subject: Wilson SignalBoost DT used with a AT&T AirCard

East Central Arkansas

I have just installed a Wilson Signal Boost DT in our small office building we have at the farm hoping to improve the proformance of the Air Card 875 u we use for our internet there. We also use this same card at home. At home we are two miles or less from the tower and at the farm we are about six miles from the same tower. I have installed the antenna portion at about 20' on a mast outside the buiding pointing towards tower. I am using the long 30' coax that came with it to get to the location at desk in the building but I might be a little short on the 20' seperation they recommend between units. I tried using it last night and it didn't seem to improve the internet performance over not having it on. I thought maybe cell tower was just real busy but I came back to the house and the Air Card was working good. I did notice that it would bring your signal strength up on your phone or the Air Card but just didn't see better performance of the internet. What have others seen using these units? Do they work or not?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)