AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update Status?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

martin
Posted 12/23/2010 10:17 (#1502443)
Subject: Update Status?

I know AgTalk was going to update its program this winter. I am curious as to the status. Is that in progress? Is it done? 

I've been using a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista & IE7 to access the internet.  I thought it was doing fine.  about a week ago or so, a message came up on my screen to update to IE8,  so I decided to go ahead and do it.  After that update was done, I got a message to update Vista to Service pack 2.  So I did that right away.  Since then, I've had real problems with AgTalk locking up.  I can't say that I had problems on other sites - but I won't say either way.  Anyway this morning I got really frustrated with the process.  I did a Restore.  I think it restored back to before I installed the Vista Service pack2, but it did not uninstall IE8. 

Months ago, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox.  After I did the uninstall this morning, I got on AgTalk, and the uninstall did not solve my problems.  Just for the heck of it, I closed up IE8 - actually I restarted my computer - and I opened Firefox to access AgTalk.  What a world of difference!  So, my question is:  is AgTalk still in the process of updating its software?  Will it eventually work with IE8?  should I forget about IE*, and continue to use Firefox?  (That might be a dumb question, eh?)   I don't know if there is a way for me to go back to IE7, or is there?  I noticed on the Microsoft website, that there is a beta version of IE9.  However, I am not sure I want to try a beta version of anything.

Thoughts? Advice?  Status update?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)