AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Level II - Questions on Surveying 400ac Field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aglasergps
Posted 12/9/2010 15:22 (#1476650 - in reply to #1476584)
Subject: Re: Field Level II - Questions on Surveying 400ac Field

Brisbane, Australia
Unless there is something different about your displays or Trimble have changed the firmware lately, only the Machine Control requires the Unlock code, you can add the Survey Plug-in at any time.

We have put up to 1,000 acres in a survey but for 400 ac I'd recommend the "medium" setting in the Survey density as MP can only handle a max of 250,000 points in a single file and any design approaching those numbers really slows the process down so you are better off staying well under that. I'd be surprised if the 900 MHz radio wouldn't handle 400 acres in one hit even if there are big trees in the centre of this area and see no reason why you wouldn't do the whole area in the one survey. What base are you using?

If you are levelling with traditional laser methods you won't be doing any design calesthenics in MP so the design process should be simple enough when it comes to relating the separate field levelations to each other.

As far as I know there is no limiting factor in the FMX for numbers of points for surveying - the limitation is in MP.

Obviously the cost of FL II for 4 machines is a concern but if you have a FMX and a base already, you are not that far from Machine Control now. Why don't you have a look at doing one machine as 3-D using these bits and see how it works for you. Upgrade the base to GNSS (if you have an AgRTK Base), the screen to FL II and GNSS, add the Valve Drive Module and some switching and have a go......then get back and tell everyone what you think.

Cheers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)