AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SCAM - beware of Herman Fischer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

AgJudge
Posted 11/23/2010 18:36 (#1450126)
Subject: SCAM - beware of Herman Fischer

the place your food comes from- IOWA

I have a horse listed on Craigslist.

I get an email from " Herman " that said : are you. online now

Looked fishy, and his email was [email protected]

This evening yet another from Herman, but from a difft email ( [email protected] ) saying :

Attention Craig's list User,

My name is Herman Fischer, Chief executive officer of Craigslist. We have recently joined up with Apple company regarding a one-time promotional event today, we are giving away free Apple iPads to randomly selected folks who have posted an advert on Craig's list. You have been selected as one of our most recent winners for today. We randomly choose numbers to match up with ads on Cl and your advertisement matched with our latest drawing.

We have partnered up with Apple to advertise their hottest product yet, the Apple iPad. Once yet again, we are operating this campaign for one-day only. All you need to do is CLICK HERE [edit: link deleted] to visit our website made for this promotion and key in your email to recieve yours for free. Simply make sure you enter your email so we can locate our records to ensure that we have reserved one for you. That's it!

Congrats on winning a free Apple iPad (valued at $800). If you have any question or concerns, feel free to email me back. However, you should claim your free iPad first to ensure one will be set-aside for you before the deadline ends. We do understand that you may well not receive this email until after the deadline, however, we suggest you check out the web site and enter your email to see if we still have got yours on hold, which we often-times do because others haven't claimed theirs in time.

Herman Fischer
CEO, Craig's list >

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)