AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rugged Smartphones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

sserven
Posted 11/10/2010 22:06 (#1430429 - in reply to #1427312)
Subject: Re: Rugged Smartphones

WCIL
I'm on verizon and I went to the Droid X before fall. I finally got a good rugged case for it and it has seemed to hold up so far. I got a Siedio rugged innocase that has an inner case and then an outer case that fits in the holster it comes with. Here's a link to it http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-hkr4mtdx.htm . I was waiting for an otterbox but this was available and after watching many comparisons on youtube I decided it would do. I've wiped layers of dust off it many times this fall and it even took a small fall when I leaped out of the anhydrous toolbar and it hit the gravel driveway. If I didn't have this case on it I'm sure I'd be leaving it in the cab a lot more. With the two cases its nice to be able to take off the outer case when I'm not around the farm and be able to keep it in my pocket. With the outer case on it looks like I'm carrying a taser around but thats fine with me because I like the big screen for internet use. I did sign up for the insurance with this phone which I've never done on the previous ones. I had a blackberry pearl before this and always kept it in my pocket without any problems. Good luck with your search.

Also, with the holster I've got it keeps the screen facing in so you don't have to worry about bumping into something and hitting the screen. I think most of the holsters for smart phones with big screens are this way.

Edited by sserven 11/10/2010 22:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)